THE WEEKLY TOP 10
Table of Contents:
1) To a certain degree, this is February 2020 all over again.
2) Sentiment is getting VERY bearish, that could be bullish over the short-term.
3) The Fed is stuck between a rock and a hard place.
3a) Chairman Powell’s testimony was actually quite hawkish.
4) When oil prices rise significantly, it is usually followed by a recession.
4a) The Fed is NOT accommodative right now, so they won’t offset higher oil prices.
5) It’s almost planting season, and fertilizer prices are off the charts.
6) Updated charts on the S&P 500 and the NDX 100 indices.
7) The KBE bank ETF is close to an important support level.
8) Crude oil has become EXTREMELY overbought.
9) BA & INTC are “too big to fail”…AND “too important…not to succeed”!
10) Summary of our current stance.
1) Based on what we’ve read and heard from many geopolitical experts over the past few weeks, it sure looks to us that the crisis in eastern Europe is not going to get resolved any time soon. This is a big change from what people were thinking a week ago…and it is very reminiscent of what took place at the beginning of the Covid-19 pandemic. No, it’s not exactly the same, but once investors realize the extent of the crisis, the renewed decline in the stock market should be swift.
As we have studied the situation in Ukraine…and listened to (and read) the comments from several different geopolitical experts…there is a strong feeling that Putin is going to have tough time surviving this crisis as the head of Russia. The question is, however…if these experts are correct…how long will it take? Yes, the idea that the world could get rid of Putin as a leader is something that ...